Using Angry Ass jack and jack stand pad
There are different ways of jacking up your E28, some roll the car on ramps and jack up the vehicle from the subframe. Others jack the car from the wishbones that run from the front to the back of the vehicle, but with Angry Ass jack pads, you can jack up and secure your car from the OEM jacking points. I chose to use Angry-ass jack pads because my E28 is lowered with the Vestatec front spoiler that does not allow me to roll up on ramps.
- Jack stands
- Wheel chock
- Angry Ass jack pads
- Park your vehicle on a flat surface and chock the wheels. I practice chocking the rear and front wheels on the opposite side of where I begin
2. Check your jack and jack stands for any damage that might cause them to fail.
3. Slide your jack underneath the car perpendicular to the car. By lining up the jack perpendicular you reduce the risk of the jack jerking while lifting the car up.
4. Line the pinch weld with an Angry Ass jack pad, and begin to lift the vehicle.
5. Once at the desired height, place your jack stands and slowly lower the vehicle onto it.
6. Do the same to the rear of the vehicle.
7. Once all four corners are off the ground, rock your car side to side to confirm it is secured before getting underneath it.
8. If removing the wheels place the wheels under the car as a safety in case the jack stands fail. If not removing the wheels I place the jack underneath the subframe as a safety net.
9. While I had the car up I took advantage and installed a set of Motorsport hardware studs and Mishimoto lug nuts.